Online or in person in Brno
I created a childbirth course designed especially for foreign couples in Czech republic.
This prenatal class will prepare you for giving birth, so you can have a more relaxed pregnancy, birth and postpartum time in the Czech republic.
Not only does this course include 2 live sessions, evidence-based materials for you to keep, checklists and introspective psychological worksheets. You also get lifetime access to a Natural breastfeeding online program and a private 1,5-hour online consultation with me.
I am looking forward to answering all of your questions!
Date and times:
Classes in 2020 will be held on Friday afternoons, 17:00 - 20:00.
They are divided into 2 lessons:
14.8. and 21.8.
18.9. and 25.9.
16.10. and 23.10.
3000,- Kč per couple for the whole course (2 in-person classes + online course)
For more info, check out www.birthinbrno.cz
Experiences of couples, that attended our prenatal class:
The prenatal class was great, definitely very informative. The atmosphere is informal and relaxed. Girls are making sure to address all the questions. We discussed every step in the way of giving birth in Czech Republic, what to expect and what are our rights etc. What I find to be especially beneficial now as a new mom, is time we spent learning about breastfeeding. It has gave much needed confidence and has helped me a lot in the 1st month.
With my boyfriend, we had an individual prenatal course/ consultation with Anna. We spent with Anna 6 hours divided into 2 blocks during which we had the opportunity to consult all important topics regarding the period before birth, during birth and after birth. We asked a lot of questions and Anna answered patiently all of them. Plus we also had a chance to try some relaxation technics that was great. We also got access to on-line materials with all the topics that we talked about. We would recommend Anna to all coupes that would like to learn more about this important life moment. We would like to thank for a lot of information and a great atmosphere during the course. Thank you Anna
Really hepful and insightful course. Much appreciated that Anna takes the time to answer questions, which I believe in this case are many
Great class, very very interesting! It's highly recommended if you want to get prepared and ready for the arrival of your child. Anna and Martina explained every single step in details. I learnt many things that I didn't read in any book. It's been great to benefit from their long experience. The place of the class is great. The atmosphere of the course is very relaxed. You don't seat in a classroom. It was also a great opportunity for meeting other international couples about to have a kid too! Thank you very much Anna and Martina for sharing your knowledge and experience with us!
When should you take a childbirth class?
Generally, the best time to begin your childbirth class is 28-32 weeks of pregnancy. Taking a class like this will help you feel confident and prepared for the hard work of birth.
What to bring
Please, come in comfortable clothes, we want you to feel good and comfy! Also, we´ll be changing positions and trying some exercises, so maybe yoga pants and a sports bra is a good choice. If you have a baby wrap, bring it along so I can show you how to wrap and carry your baby.
Notebook, pens, snacks.
What topics will be discussed?
- End of pregnancy, possible complications, what can you do to prepare your body for labor, how to know if labor has begun, when to go to the hospital
- Pain management, dealing with fear, breathing exercises and mutual attunement (in the couple and with the baby)
- Normal labor and birth - identify the signs of labor and what happens to your body as your baby makes his or her way into the world
- 1., 2. and 3. stage of labor
- Positioning for labor and birth
- Relaxation and massage techniques to alleviate pain exercises for pregnancy
- Labor support options for fathers, what to do if the birth is really fast
- Basics of medical interventions and possible complications, medical procedures. Prepare for routine interventions and know, how they can influence the course of labor.
- Communication skills and your rights in the hospital
- Writing a birth plan
- Bonding with the baby
- Breastfeeding and infant care
- Babywearing basics
- Postpartum body, mind, and self-care for women
- and more, exercises, videos, tips, our experiences, topics depending on your needs and questions